The LyonTech - La Doua campus
The LyonTech-la Doua campus is « green » and vibrant
CPE Lyon is on the scientific domain of La Doua in Villeurbanne, beside Lyon.
The LyonTech-La Doua Campus aims to become a world reference in cleantech by applying its two domains of excellence: chemistry and engineering in the promotion of sustainable development. The rehabilitated 220000 m2 meet the HQE (High Quality Environmental) standard. Green means of transport will be favored, with a cycle network and a preference for pedestrian zones.
The campus in figures
This 100-hectare education and research cluster gathers
- Higher education establishments: University Claude Bernard – Lyon 1, including two IUT’s (University Institute of Technology) and the Polytech, Lyon National Institute of Applied Sciences (INSA), and ENSSIB (Higher National School of Information Science and Libraries),
- 80 research laboratories, under the direction of national organizations (CNRS, INSERM, INRA and INRIA), as well as organizations valorizing research,
- 50 high-tech companies,
- Technical and industrial centers,
- Further-education centers.
The 9 sectors of excellence on the LyonTech-La Doua campus are:
- Communication science and information technology
- Chemistry, catalysis and process engineering
- Biology, biochemistry and health
- Energy, the environment and sustainable development
- Materials and their applications
- Mechanics, metrology
- Earth science