International students can do one semester, one year or the complete course in Chemistry–Process Engineering or in Digital Science. They must apply for one of the following exchange programmes in which CPE Lyon is involved.
The international students apply to CPE Lyon via the n+i network. This consists of about 50 engineering schools in France
Students first do one preparatory semester in SIGMA Clermont-Ferrand (semester 7).
They then join CPE Lyon in semester 8 and after that they continue their studies in year 5 (semester 9 and 10). This academic path enables the students to obtain their CPE Lyon engineering diploma in the branch of Chemistry-Process Engineering or Digital science.
BRAFITEC – Brazil-France engineers in technology
In chemistry and process engineering:
The objective of this educational programme is to promote cooperative projects in the hope of training future engineers via a bilateral exchange of both students and teaching staff.
9 French high level schools of science and engineering in the Federation Gay-Lussac, including CPE Lyon, and 3 Brazilian universities are involved in the project called «Exploring the frontiers of chemistry» in the BRAFITEC programme in 2017/18 and 2018/19.
The Brazilian universities are the following:
- Universidade Federal de Uberlandia (UFU)
- Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS)
- Universidade Federal de Sao Joao Del Rei (UFSJ)
The Brazilian students come for semester 9 in year 5.
They sign up for the specialization «Chemistry and processes applied to the environment» for a total of 21 ECTS.
Depending on the requirements of their university, they can choose to do the modules in socio-economic sciences and humanities, or not. However, they must study French (FLE) but could, if they wish, sit a Cambridge University English exam to validate their English level.
A new project, called BRAFVERT, will begin in 2018-19 and 2019-20. This is a cooperative project between Brazil and France in the training of engineers in chemistry and Green sustainable processes. It involves CPE Lyon, ENSCMu, ENSIACET, ENSCL and ENSCR.
In Brazil, the universities are:
- Universidade Federal do Parana de Curitiba (UFPR)
- Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina (UFSC)
- Universidade Federal dos Vales do Jequitinhonha e Mucuri (UFVJM)
In the Digital Science domain:
CPE Lyon is a member of the AMPERE network and is involved in the «FOTAMISE 3» and «Connected Objects» projects for the academic years 2017/18 and 2018/19.
The Brazilian students of the partner universities given below, can apply to CPE Lyon for an exchange:
- Universidade Federal Do Rio Grande Do Sul (UFRGS)
- Universidade Federal da Bahia (UFBA)
- Universidade Federal do Parana (UFPR)
- Universidade de Brasilia (UNB)
ARFITEC – Argentina-France engineers in technology
CPE Lyon is involved in three projects within the ARFITEC network for the academic years 2017/18 and 2018/19.
The projects are the following:
- ARQUIPROproject (Argentina-France cooperation in the training of students in Chemical and Process Engineering) with the following establishments in Argentina:
- Universidad Nacional de Salta (UNSa)
- Universidad Nacional del Sur (UNS)
- Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata (UNMDP)
- AFIChVerteproject (Argentina-France Green Chemistry Engineers ) with the following universities:
- Universidad Nacional de La Plata (UNLP)
- Universidad Nacional del Litoral (UNL)
- Universidad de Cordoba (UNC)
- CIENCIA 5 project – (Electronic engineering, communication, computer science and applications, 5) involving 7 French Schools in the AMPERE network and the following 6 universities in Argentina:
- Universidad Nacional de Sam Martin (UNSAM)
- Universidad Nacional de La Plata (UNLP)
- Universidad Nacional del Sur, Bahia Blanca (UNS)
- Universidad Nacional de Quilmes (UNQ)
- Universidad Nacional Arturo Jauretche (UNAJ)
- Universidad Nacional de San Luis (UNSL)
The Argentine students from these partner universities can apply to CPE Lyon for an exchange of one semester in year 5 (semester 9). They must study French (FLE) but could, if they wish, sit a Cambridge University English exam to validate their English level.
MEXFITEC – Mexico-France engineers in technology
In 2017/18 and 2018/19 CPE Lyon is working with the MEXFITEC network on the MEXFIChVerte project (Mexico–France Cooperation in the training of future engineers in green chemistry) alongside the 4 other French schools and the following 7 Mexican universities:
- Universidad Autonoma de Chihuahua(UACh)
- Universidad de Guadalajara(UdG)
- Universidad Autonoma de Yucatan(UADY)
- Universidad Autonoma de San Luis de Potosi(USALP)
- Universidad Veracruzana(UV)
- Universidad Autonoma de Baja California(UABC)
- Universidad Juarez Autonoma de Tabasco(UJAT)
The Mexican students will do one semester at CPE Lyon in «Chemistry and processes applied to the environment ».
They must also study French (FLE) but could if they wish, sit a Cambridge University English exam to validate their English level.