Administrative issues

Campus LyonTech-La Doua

Administrative information

Inscription for a whole Master of Science

Application details

Inscription for one semester

Deadline for sending your application:

  • 30 June: for inscription in the 1st semester of the year
  • 31 October: for inscription in the 2nd semester of the year

Documents to be included in your application and to be sent to Maria-Angélina Beaucourt

  • CV/resume
  • Cover letter
  • Recent grades
  • Photocopy of your passport or identity card
  • Letter attesting your language level (minimum B1 (CEFR) in French, though B2 highly recommended)

Information about accommodation:

CPE Lyon offers an accommodation service for international students.

3 student residences are available near the LyonTech-La Doua Campus:

  • Jussieu Residence
  • Althéa Residence
  • Einstein Residence

For more details on the description of this accommodation and prices, Click here

For the procedure you need to follow, Click here

Information about health insurance:

Social security for students:

For students coming from a country in the European Union, the European Health Insurance Card (CEAM) must be up-to-date and the student must have it for the whole of their studies at CPE Lyon. Students on a double diploma at CPE Lyon, whether European or not, must sign up for student social security.

Students coming from a country outside the European Union must sign up for student social security. This health insurance is valid for one year, from the 1st October in “year n” to the 30th September in “year n+1”. The inscription form can be downloaded.

The student must pay for this insurance. For the university year 2017-2018, the cost was 217 €.

The amount can be paid by cheque/check made payable to CPE Lyon or in cash to Emilie Giroud (building section E, 2nd floor) or  by bank transfer on the CPE Lyon internet site.

In order to have health insurance cover for the month of September, international students must have health cover from an insurance company.

Documents needed at the time of student social security inscription:

  • Completed form
  • Photocopy of your passport or identity card
  • Copy of the visa (if necessary)
  • Bank account details
Complementary health insurance

In order to complement the money reimbursed by the social security, CPE Lyon highly recommends that the students sign up for (student) complementary health insurance.

Housing insurance

You must be able to show that you have valid housing insurance for the whole of your stay in the university residence. This insurance could also include personal liability insurance – see the next section.

Personal liability insurance

You must also be covered by personal liability insurance as well as repatriation insurance.

Information about the visas

If you are a student coming from the European Union, European Economic area, Swiss Confederation, Monaco or Andorra:

There is no need to apply for a visa. Simply, bring your identity card or valid passport.

If you are a student coming from any other country:

  • To enter France, a passport is obligatory. You must therefore ensure that this is valid until at least the end of your time in France.
  • In addition, before you leave your home country, you must obtain a student visa in order to stay in France for your studies.
  • If you are applying from a country which has an “Espace Campus France” or a “CEF-Studies in France” procedure, you must create an electronic inscription file and follow the procedure given online. Use the following link:
  • As a student, in most cases, you can benefit from a Long-Stay Visa – Residence Permit (VLS-TS = Visa Long Séjour valant Titre de Séjour). You must validate this document by the French Immigration and Integration Office (OFII) in the 3 months following your arrival in France.

The International Relations Department are there to help you with the formalities.