Every year, CPE Lyon awards diplomas to 340 general engineers in chemistry – process engineering and in digital sciences, who have solid industrial experience and, against the background of the globalisation of activities, are alive to the new economic, social and environmental challenges.
Master of Science in Chemistry – chemical Engineering:
Available to international students
All chemistry disciplines are studied: organic chemistry, analytical chemistry and process engineering so that students have a global vision of the discipline, from designing the molecules to their industrial and commercial development.
After a standard first year and a half programme students can choose their specialization among:
- “Chemistry and processes applied to the environment”,
- “Formulation and implementation of divided solids”,
- “Life sciences and biotechnologies”,
- “Process engineering”.
There are numerous openings among which:
- Energy, petrochemicals: transformation of natural resources into raw materials.
- Health, pharmaceuticals sector: design and formulation of molecules.
- Beauty, cosmetics: formulation of molecules.
- Building material economy and security, high performance materials, thermal and acoustic quality.
- Food processing industry and agriculture: formulation, food packaging, food conservation, hygiene, plant production.
- Environment: green chemistry, clean processes, physico-chemical analysis, treatment of pollutants.
- Biotechnology: transforming molecules to improve human and animal health.
Master of Science in Digital sciences
Available to international students
This programme combines in the same curriculum both electronics engineering and advanced computer science courses.
It gives the students a thorough grounding in computer science (C++ language, UNIX environment), software engineering, electronics, microelectronics, data processing, physical science, applied mathematics (probability, statistics, numerical analysis) and signal processing.
After a standard first year programme students can choose their specialization among:
- “Web languages and smart systems”,
- “Image, 3D modelling and computer science”,
- “Electronic architecture and micro-electronics”
- Ability to model, design, develop and optimize:
- Analog and digital integrated circuits, electronic and microelectronic systems.
- Signal and image processing systems, and telecommunications.
- Computer systems while ensuring their security, integrity, profitability and durability.
- Ability to analyze a problem and industrial requirements while taking into account the constraints (risks, security, etc).
- Ability to integrate economic, social, environmental, and ethical problems.
The strengths of those two CPE Lyon engineer programmes:
- High standard non specialized basic modules with specialization later in the course
- Highly international
- A strong focus on industry and the entrepreneurial spirit
- Values: inter-personal skills, respect for the environment etc.
- With a CPE Lyon engineer diploma you are ideally equipped for both the major challenges in chemistry and the great challenges in electronics and computer science – now and in the future!
This vision is underpinned by our strengths:
- A high-level education and research environment.
- Close relationships with enterprises.
- A highly international approach.
Master of Science in Computer science and communication networks:
Work link course – Not available to international students
Its objective is to train specialist engineers in information and communication systems that are proficient in informatics technologies, networks and telecommunications.
- 3 years, i.e. 6 semesters, alternating between school and industry.
- 1800 academic course hours.
- Approximately 2800 hours of training in industry
- 5 semesters of course units, 1 week in 2, alternating with periods in industry
- One project per year is undertaken in industry
- The last semester is full time in industry.
- During summer, between year 4 and year 5 of the course, a mission of at least 2 months is undertaken abroad.
More details about “Engineer diploma”
The ambition to educate!
3 principles motivate the management and teaching teams in their mission to educate “tomorrow’s leaders”:
> To modulate the scientific education after 3 semesters of the core syllabus:
Students establish their own projects and with guidance gradually personalise their own course, which ultimately leads to the competence and independence expected of an engineer.
> To develop an open approach to industry as well as “an entrepreneurial spirit”:
There are obligatory end of year placements with students having the option of spending a year in industry between years 4 and 5. Students can give their courses a vocational aspect and on average new CPE Lyon graduates have spent 70 weeks on placement before they arrive on the labour market.
> To encourage international mibility:
- courses are split into semesters,
- long placements abroad,
- academic exchanges in year 5,
- 2 language units, which include the cultural background, are obligatory.